2018 Ed Moriconi Memorial Flight Training Scholarship
This scholarship will award qualified student pilots:
$5000 to go towards sport or private pilot training
- Must be at least 17 years of age on May 1st, 2018
- Hold a valid FAA medical (for Private Pilot only)
- Must have passed the appropriate FAA written exam
- Flight training must be taken at JB Aviation Flight School, Galt Airport
- Maximum annual household gross income of $60,000
- Application must be received by March 1st, 2018
For the full set of rules, application form or more information, send an email to:
EAA Chapter 932 Air Academy Scholarship
This scholarship will cover the full cost of tuition for one person to attend the EAA Basic Air Academy Camp to encourage youth with a passion for aviation to pursue their dreams. Special consideration will be given to applicants with financial need.
The EAA Basic Air Academy is the next exciting step through the world of aviation. Each “hands-on” activity is developed for the intermediate 14- and 15-year-olds during a classroom and media presentation, specialized laboratory activities, and aviation-related demonstrations.
Activities at the EAA Basic Air Academy are designed to interest and challenge students and include such activities as:
Airplane Wing Construction – Learn the intricacies of a fabricated wing by building an ACRO-Sport Wing Rib.
Aeromodeling – Build and fly a simple balsa glider and a rubber-powered model.
Rocketry – Learn how model rockets are flown and controlled’ build and fly a model rocket; and launch, record data, and recover model rockets.
Ground School – Learn the basics of flight through an interactive computer simulator ground school. Fly designed missions or create and fly your own mission.
Airplanes – Learn about aviation history and flight.
- Tour the EAA AirVenture Museum
- Visit Pioneer Airport
- Watch flight demonstrations
- Experience the thrill of flight in both an airplane and helicopter
Click HERE to download the scholarship rules and application form:
Click HERE For more information on the EAA Basic Air Academy Camp. Please note: the “Apply Today” button on that website is not for this scholarship.
For questions or more information, send an email to: